On 6/14/23 12:31, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Wed, 2023-06-14 at 10:56 +0200, Alexis Lothoré via
> lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
>> From: Alexis Lothoré <alexis.loth...@bootlin.com>
>>
>> This series is a follow-up for the 4.3_M1.rc1 regression report issue.
>>
>> It has been observed that the report is empty. This issue is linked to
>> configuration description in yocto-autobuilder-helper, and has been
>> identified through the following steps:
>> - empty report is supposed to be a comparison between yocto-4.2 (4.2.rc3)
>>   and 4.3_M1.rc1
>> - yocto-4.2 results are almost empty: we only find test results from Intel
>>   QA (pushed _after_ the AB build) and not the AB test results
>> - tests results are managed by send-qa-email.send-qa-email uses resulttool
>>   to systematically gather and store test results in local git directory
>> - however, it looks for basebranch/comparebranch to know if those results
>>   can be pushed onto git server, and those variables depend on config.json
>>   content
>> - yocto-4.2 (4.2.rc3) has been built on release branch mickledore
>>   (https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/83/builds/5212)
>> - since mickledore is not yet described in config.json, send-qa-email
>>   considers it as a "work" branch (contrary to a "release" branch) and does
>>   not push test results
>>
>> As a consequence:
>> - first commit brings in python logger
>> - second commit adds a warning when such case happen, since we are able to
>>   detect it
>> - third fix actually adds mickledore as a release branch to properly store
>>   again test results
>>
>> There must be a more robust rework to do (because the issue will likely
>> happen on each major delivery), but I aimed for the quick and small fix to
>> quickly bring back tests results storage without breaking other things in
>> the process
>>
>> Alexis Lothoré (3):
>>   scripts/send-qa-email: use logger instead of raw prints
>>   scripts/send-qa-email: print warning when test results are not stored
>>   config.json: add mickledore as direct push branch for test results
>
> Thanks for the analysis. I agree we need to somehow fix this properly.
> One solution might be to always push for poky if the branch name
> doesn't end with -next?

That might work indeed. If we are sure enough that no custom/feature branch will
be used in poky with send-qa-email (ie, only in poky-contrib), I can do the fix
this way

> Since we have the release artefacts for the release, could we add the
> test results after the fact now?>
> Id' be interested to see the 4.3 M1 to 4.2 comparison rerun with that
> added.

I am not sure about where to find those artifacts for yocto-4.2 ? If you are
referring to https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/, yocto-4.2 has already been
removed from there. And if you are referring to the archived release on main
site
(https://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/yocto/yocto-4.2/poky-21790e71d55f417f27cd51fae9dd47549758d4a0.tar.bz2),
it does contain a single, 40 line testresults.json, so that's definitely not the
full AB tests results.

--
Alexis Lothoré, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering