Hello folks,

I'm in the same situation as Manuel (RPi4, official touchscreen) & have come to
a similar conclusion. I had issues getting a graphics output on the screen
until I used:

VC4DTBO = "vc4-fkms-v3d-pi4"

With this I can get both console output & graphics.

I used the attached kas file to generate an image. I didn't try with Wayland as
it wasn't required, I was incorporating meta-qt6 which requires EGLFS for the
RPi4 (http://doc.qt.io/qt-6/configure-linux-device.html).

I may be grasping for coincidences but on another project using meta-atmel I
had issues with the 5.15 kernel, seems there was significant changes (
https://www.phoronix.com/news/DRM-Misc-Next-First-5.15 ) to the DRM. I recently
updated to 6.1 & the issues were resolved.

Hope this is of some assistance,

Owen