I think you might want to use create_wrapper helper, similar to how
createrepo_c recipe does it:

do_install:append:class-nativesdk() {
        create_wrapper ${D}/${bindir}/createrepo_c \
                RPM_CONFIGDIR=${SDKPATHNATIVE}${libdir_nativesdk}/rpm \
                MAGIC=${datadir}/misc/magic.mgc
        create_wrapper ${D}/${bindir}/modifyrepo_c \
                MAGIC=${datadir}/misc/magic.mgc

}

I also just checked that MAGIC is relocated and exported correctly,
e.g. running file from the buildtools tarball works fine on the
'plain' command line after installing and setting up the tarball.

Alex