Hi,

I am trying to remove all GPLv3 packages from my image.  The clang
toolchain is used where possible and currently there are no
dependencies on libstdc++ and as far as I can see none on libgcc but
this library is installed in the rootfs.  I've created a script to
parse all elf binaries to see which one dynamically links against
libgcc but none do.  I think it's being installed due to libgcc being
in the BASEDEPENDS but I can't see what is adding libgcc to this
variable.  I'm using the dunfell version of yocto and base.bbclass has

def base_dep_prepend(d):
    if d.getVar('INHIBIT_DEFAULT_DEPS', False):
        return ""
    return "${BASE_DEFAULT_DEPS}"

BASE_DEFAULT_DEPS = "virtual/${TARGET_PREFIX}gcc
virtual/${TARGET_PREFIX}compilerlibs virtual/libc"

BASEDEPENDS = ""
BASEDEPENDS_class-target = "${@base_dep_prepend(d)}"
BASEDEPENDS_class-nativesdk = "${@base_dep_prepend(d)}"

but when I check the BASEDEPENDS for various recipes I get

BASEDEPENDS=" clang-cross-aarch64 virtual/libc  libgcc
virtual/aarch64-poky-linux-compilerlibs  gettext-native"
BASEDEPENDS_class-nativesdk=" clang-cross-aarch64 virtual/libc  libgcc
 virtual/aarch64-poky-linux-compilerlibs "
BASEDEPENDS_class-target=" clang-cross-aarch64 virtual/libc  libgcc
virtual/aarch64-poky-linux-compilerlibs "

Is it possible to remove libgcc from the BASEDEPENDS somehow?
Although we are using Dunfell I'm happy to move to another release if
it's easier to achieve this.

Best Regards,
Martin.