We've been using Dunfell for a while but recently I've started getting
an intermittent build failure from an app:
    ERROR: my-app-1.0.52-213f116 do_package: Fatal errors occurred in
subprocesses:
    [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'dwarfsrcfiles':
'dwarfsrcfiles': Traceback (most recent call last):
     File
"/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/la_meta-my-layer_check-build/my-yocto-sdk/poky/meta/lib/oe/utils.py",
line 280, in run
       ret = self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
     File
"/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/la_meta-my-layer_check-build/my-yocto-sdk/poky/meta/classes/package.bbclass",
line 405, in splitdebuginfo
        sources = source_info(file, d)
     File
"/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/la_meta-my-layer_check-build/my-yocto-sdk/poky/meta/classes/package.bbclass",
line 353, in source_info
       output = subprocess.check_output(cmd, universal_newlines=True,
stderr=subprocess.STDOUT)
     File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 395, in check_output
       **kwargs).stdout
     File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 472, in run
       with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as process:
     File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 775, in __init__
       restore_signals, start_new_session)
     File "/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 1522, in _execute_child
       raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
    FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'dwarfsrcfiles': 'dwarfsrcfiles'

I assumed this was a race condition, so following
https://docs.yoctoproject.org/3.1.26/dev-manual/dev-manual-common-tasks.html?highlight=parallel_make#debugging-parallel-make-races
I added:
    PARALLEL_MAKE = ""
to the app recipe, but it didn't seem to help. However, setting:
    PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j 20"
does seem to make it fail every time (rather than intermittently).

dwarfsrcfiles is being built and I can run it after the build fails.
I've upgraded to Kirkstone but I'm seeing the same problem. The recipe
isn't doing anything to the package step so I'm not sure why it's
running before dwarfsrcfiles is built. I can see īt's included in
poky/meta/classes/package.bbclass but since it's a dependency I would
have thought it has to be built before the packaging step can be done?

--
Tom Isaacson