On 22/08/23 17:16, Crane wrote:
Thanks Mauro for your input.

I referred two posts from Koan Software in my work. One is to use devtool to modify recipe and another one is to add system service to image. Very clearly explained. Thanks!

Good point. I tried, but in my case it looks still not generating the password and also no new user added. And I am afraid that the $ symbol in the encrypted password string might prevent it from being applied. I tried to add \ before $ symbol. And it's also not working.

oh, indeed.

Try with this:

EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS=" usermod -p '$(openssl passwd -6 root)' root; useradd -p '$(openssl passwd -6 2023)' crane; "

Wondering what else might be still missing.

--
Mauro Salvini | KOAN sas | Bergamo - Italia
embedded software engineering