Has anyone an idea? (see below)

Best,
Holger

Von: yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org <yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org> im Auftrag von
Sebert, Holger.ext <holger.sebert....@karlstorz.com>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. September 2023 18:58
An: yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org
Betreff: [Ext] [yocto] overlayroot: When is the RW layer unmounted?

Hi,

I am using the OverlayFS-feature from Poky by enabling it as follows:

    DISTRO_FEATURES:append = " overlayrootfs"

In the image this results in the following init-script:

    /init.d/91-overlayroot

In this init-script the RW overlay is mounted as follows:

    mount -t overlay overlay -o
lowerdir=${ROMOUNT},upperdir=${UPPER_DIR},workdir=${WORK_DIR} ${NEWROOT} |
| exit_gracefully "initramfs-overlayroot: Mounting overlay failed"

So far, so good. I have two questions:

* Where and when is the RW overlay unmounted, especially when the system
  is shut down? I did not find any umount command corresponding to the
  one above.

* I would like to enable quotas in the RW overlay. I tried appending
  the corresponding mount options usrquota and grpquota to the above
  command, but they did not have any effect, the quota tools keep
  telling me that quotas are not enabled on that filesystem. This makes
  me wonder whether quotas are supported by OverlayFS at all?

Thanks!
-Holger