On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 at 12:37, Alexander Kanavin via
lists.yoctoproject.org <alex.kanavin=gmail....@lists.yoctoproject.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 at 12:24, Enrico Jörns <e...@pengutronix.de> wrote:
> > In how is this different to the default packagegroup handling in oe-core
> > where package 'force
> > themself' into images based on specific DISTRO_FEATURE or MACHINE_FEATURE
> > settings?
> >
> > Thus this is a mechanism that is explicitly designed to be used by oe-core
> > exclusively?
>
> I see that as something of a historical mis-feature. I would take
> those things out of the packagegroup recipe and into a class used by
> images if I had a bit of time (core-image.bbclass most likely).
>
> That's what you could do as well, define a class that pulls in rauc
> for those images that inherit it.

You can see how core-image-weston.bb does it:

IMAGE_FEATURES += "splash package-management ssh-server-dropbear
hwcodecs weston"

and then in core-image class:

FEATURE_PACKAGES_weston = "packagegroup-core-weston"
... etc

Alex