On 18 Oct 2023, at 07:29, Richard Purdie via lists.yoctoproject.org
<richard.purdie=linuxfoundation....@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2023-10-18 at 06:16 +0000, Pokybuild User wrote:
>>    A build flagged for QA (yocto-4.3.rc1) was completed on the autobuilder
>> and is available at:
>>

>>        https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/releases/yocto-4.3.rc1
>>

>>    Build URL:
>> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/83/builds/6062
>
> There was one failure in the build, a serial login issue on ttyS1, so
> an occurrence of our annoying 6.5 issue. This is the first time we've
> seen it with the workaround applied.
>
> The question is to proceed with rc1 in testing, or apply the upstream
> fixes and try an rc2 with that? I'm torn…

I’d say we should proceed with RC1 whilst testing upstream fixes.

If they manage to shake out all of the failures then we can decide whether to
spin another RC with the fixes in, or just release with what with have - with
copious release notes obviously.

Ross