Current Dev Position: YP 5.0 M1

Next Deadline: 4th December 2023 YP 5.0 M1 build

Next Team Meetings:

   -

   Bug Triage meeting Thursday November 16, 7:30 am PDT (
   https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
   -

   Weekly Project Engineering Sync Tuesday November 14th at 8 am PDT (
   https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09)
   <https://zoom.us/j/990892712>
   -

   Twitch -  See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester

Key Status/Updates:

   -

   YP 4.3 was released, thanks to everyone who contributed!
   -

   YP 4.0.14 is out of QA and due for release
   -

   YP 3.1.29 is out of QA and due for release after investigation of vim
   reproducibility issues
   -

      YP 4.2.4 is currently being built
      -

   bitbake’s hash equivalence server has undergoing a lot of development
   (thanks Joshua!) including:
   -

      websockets support
      -

      user authentication/permissions support
      -

      entry removal API addition
      -

      support for multiple database backends
      -

   master saw various upgrades for the kernel and other components
   -

   the length of time rebuilds are taking on the autobuilder is a concern,
   world can take 16 hours as can oe-selftest with a cold sstate cache

Ways to contribute:

   -

   As people are likely aware, the project has a number of components which
   are either unmaintained, or have people with little to no time trying to
   keep them alive. These components include: patchtest, layerindex, devtool,
   toaster, wic, oeqa, autobuilder, CROPs containers, pseudo and more. Many
   have open bugs. Help is welcome in trying to better look after these
   components!
   -

   There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project:
   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
   -

   There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 4.3. See:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_4.3_Unassigned_Enhancements.2FBugs
   -

   We’d welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the list
   at:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/maintainers.inc
   and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core mailing
   list. We will likely move a chunk of these to “Unassigned” soon to help
   facilitate this.
   -

   Help is very much welcome in trying to resolve our autobuilder
   intermittent issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to
   see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla:
   https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT.
   -

   Help us resolve CVE issues: CVE metrics
   <https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/patchmetrics/>
   -

   We have a growing number of bugs in bugzilla, any help with them is
   appreciated.

YP 5.0 Milestone Dates:

   -

   YP 5.0 M1 build date 2023/12/04
   -

   YP 5.0 M1 Release date 2023/12/15
   -

   YP 5.0 M2 build date  2024/01/15
   -

   YP 5.0 M2 Release date 2024/01/24
   -

   YP 5.0 M3 build date  2024/02/19
   -

   YP 5.0 M3 Release date 2024/03/01
   -

   YP 5.0 M4 build date  2024/04/01
   -

   YP 5.0 M4 Release date 2024/04/30

Upcoming dot releases:

   -

   YP 3.1.29 build date 2023/10/30
   -

   YP 3.1.29 Release date 2023/11/10
   -

   YP 4.0.14 build date 2023/11/06
   -

   YP 4.0.14 Release date 2023/11/17
   -

   YP 4.2.4 build date 2023/11/13
   -

   YP 4.2.4 Release date 2023/11/24
   -

   YP 4.3.1 build date 2023/11/27
   -

   YP 4.3.1 Release date 2023/12/08
   -

   YP 3.1.30 build date 2023/12/11
   -

   YP 3.1.30 Release date 2023/12/22
   -

   YP 4.0.15 build date 2023/12/18
   -

   YP 4.0.15 Release date 2023/12/29
   -

   YP 4.3.2 build date 2024/01/08
   -

   YP 4.3.2 Release date 2024/01/19
   -

   YP 3.1.31 build date 2024/01/22
   -

   YP 3.1.31 Release date 2024/02/02
   -

   YP 4.0.16 build date 2024/01/29
   -

   YP 4.0.16 Release date 2024/02/09
   -

   YP 4.3.3 build date 2024/02/12
   -

   YP 4.3.3 Release date 2024/02/23
   -

   YP 3.1.32 build date 2024/03/04
   -

   YP 3.1.32 Release date 2024/03/15
   -

   YP 4.0.17 build date 2024/03/11
   -

   YP 4.0.17 Release date 2024/03/22
   -

   YP 4.3.4 build date 2024/03/25
   -

   YP 4.3.4 Release date 2024/04/05
   -

   YP 3.1.33 build date 2024/04/15
   -

   YP 3.1.33 Release date 2024/04/26
   -

   YP 4.0.18 build date 2024/04/22
   -

   YP 4.0.18 Release date 2024/05/03
   -

   YP 4.0.19 build date 2024/06/03
   -

   YP 4.0.19 Release date 2024/06/14

Tracking Metrics:

   -

   WDD 2533 (last week 2540) (
   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
   -

   OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics
   -

      Total patches found: 1177 (last week 1173)
      -

      Patches in the Pending State: 253 (21%) [last week 253 (22%)]
      -

   https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/patchmetrics/

The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

*Neal Caidin*
Program Manager
The Linux Foundation