Hi,

I know similar questions have been posted before, but still I have a few things
to clarify.

We are using the same hardware for multiple projects, which means some projects
support some interfaces (e.g. bluetooth - Y, WiFi - N), while others some other
interfaces (e.g. bluetooth - N, WiFi - Y). Of course I don't want support for
bluetooth in case we don't need it.

AFAIK there are (at least) two ways to address this: [1] with multiple MACHINE
configs and [2] with multiple IMAGE recipes.

F or MACHINE_FEATURES the Yocto documentation states the following: Specifies
the list of hardware features the MACHINE (
https://docs.yoctoproject.org/4.0.15/ref-manual/variables.html?highlight=machine_features#term-MACHINE
 ) is capable of supporting. I am reading as: [1] there is only one MACHINE
conf per target and [2] MACHINE_FEATURES does not change. This leaves us with
the second option: we should have multiple image recipes and each recipe should
define for itself what package groups it will include (e.g. bluetooth support,
wifi support, etc.). However, this doesn't play nicely with e.g. kernel
fragments. If the product does not need to support bluetooth, I also don't want
the software stack compiled in my kernel, however, I don't have a variable to
use in my kernel recipe. Any thoughts to this?

Aleksandar