On Fri, 2024-01-26 at 08:26 -0700, Joshua Watt wrote:
> I'd rather it stay on GitHub; I think it makes more sense _for this
> project_. First of all, it already is on GitHub, so moving it is
> likely more disruptive to the workflow
>
> Secondly, it already has CI setup through GitHub actions, which we
> would need to spend effort to replicate elsewhere.
>
> Thirdly, I've always wanted this to be published as a python module on
> PyPi to make it easier for users to keep up to date; GitHub and PyPi
> have streamlined this process to the point that it's surprisingly
> trivial.
>
> Finally, if we are worried about the maintenance, it's pretty easy to
> delegate the maintenance of the repo to the people who are
> volunteering to maintain it here, which is likely what would happen if
> it went somewhere other than the Yocto GitHub account anyway.

I hadn't realised there was CI in there, that does change things quite
a bit.

For bmap-tools it therefore makes sense.

>From the wider Yocto Project perspective, this will cause problems as
you can't just enable some bits of github on a per repo basis very
easily but disable them for others. Obviously those are issues others
will have to worry about, probably Michael and I.

I do feel it makes sense to join bmap-tools to the wider Yocto Project
umbrella of projects rather than letting it sit in isolation on a
personal account.

Cheers,

Richard