On 23 Feb 2024, at 23:36, acox via lists.yoctoproject.org
<acox=reliablecontrols....@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:

> Having trouble with qemuarm for a tiny distro.
>
> My system works fine with my target device (albeit different custom kernel)
> as well as qemux86 which uses this kernel. It seems that for some reason it's
> producing an ext4 rootfs but not compiling the kernel for ext4 support?
> Anyone else noticed this or am I missing some configuration?

linux-yocto-tiny is meant to be used in conjunction with something like
poky-tiny (which just uses an initramfs, so doesn’t need an ext4 driver) and is
an example of a custom tiny configuration.  You can’t really mix-and-match the
pieces: if you want a tiny kernel, then make a tiny configuration that fits
your needs.

Ross