On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 7:29 AM Maik Vermeulen via lists.yoctoproject.org
<maik=quatt...@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:

%< SNIP %<

> I've also tried using the useradd.bbclass in the recipes, which allows us
> to set permissions from within the do_install task, but that started
> causing trouble when we tried to start using useradd-staticids, which we
> need to keep compatibility between software versions using the same files
> from a persistent partition. The useradd.bbclass in combination with the
> central extrausers.bbclass and useradd-staticids.bbclass is messy and
> hasn't resulted in a working build yet, with recipes complaining certain
> groups e.g. aren't available yet.

You are not very specific about what is going wrong, but it sounds familiar
so it is possible that
I am to blame for not following up on an earlier observation that may
potentially benefit your
situation.

Take a look at this message and let me know if it sounds familiar.

https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/topic/88922422#161387

If so I can probably submit an RFC patch.

..Ch:W..

--
*"Perfection must be reached by degrees; she requires the slow hand of
time." - Voltaire*