Hi Quentin,
On Thu, Jun 27, 2024 at 1:49 PM Quentin Schulz <quentin.sch...@cherry.de>
wrote:

> Hi Marek,
>
> On 6/27/24 11:49 AM, Marek Belisko via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
> > You don't often get email from marek.belisko=
> gmail....@lists.yoctoproject.org. Learn why this is important<
> https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm just checking how to enable GPU acceleration for e.g. gstreamer for
> cm3-io board using rk3568 CPU. I saw that mesa have some options but not
> for rk356x CPU's:
> > PACKAGECONFIG:append:rk3288 = " kmsro panfrost"
> > PACKAGECONFIG:append:rk3399 = " kmsro panfrost"
> > PACKAGECONFIG:append:rock64 = " kmsro lima"
> > PACKAGECONFIG:append:px30 = " kmsro panfrost"
> >

> > I've added a cm3-io machine and will post a patch soon (snippet below)
> > require conf/machine/include/rk3568.inc
> >
> > KERNEL_DEVICETREE = "rockchip/rk3566-radxa-cm3-io.dtb"
> > MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += "kernel-modules"
> >
> > UBOOT_MACHINE = "radxa-cm3-io-rk3566_defconfig"
> >
> > Any ideas please?
> >

> We have it enabled on the master branch already, c.f.
>
> https://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-rockchip/commit/?id=9b20f029184798b4193945bbf286505e88b97da6
>
> You can send patches to backport it to other branches if you want?

Thanks I'll probably backport it to scharthgap. I think I mixed things up.
panfrost is used for GPU acceleration. I need vpu acceleration (gstreamer
decode h264) so I've enabled hantro driver
but gstreamer is still taking a lot of cpu. Maybe gstreamer support is not
yet added? According this:
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/Mainline_Hardware_Decoding it should work so
I'm puzzled.

> Cheers,