On Thu, Jun 27, 2024 at 4:23 PM Richard Purdie via
lists.yoctoproject.org
<richard.purdie=linuxfoundation....@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2024-06-27 at 13:35 +0100, Mark Corbin via
> lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I'm currently updating my project from Kirkstone to Scarthgap and
> > have run into an issue with bbclass file priorities.
> >
> > We are using our own modified 'meta-rust' layer, but rust recipes are
> > inheriting the 'cargo.bbclass' file from 'openembedded-
> > core/meta/classes-recipe' directory even though the 'meta-rust' layer
> > has a higher priority. This wasn't an issue under Kirkstone.
> >
> > Is there any way to ensure that my 'meta-rust' classes are used by
> > default?
>
> I'd just note that the behaviour hasn't changed and that inherits
> search BBPATH for the class. I suspect your BBPATH ordering has changed
> or needs tweaking to do what you expect.

Priority didn't change, but to use cargo.bbclass from your meta-rust
layer, then you need to move it from classes to classes-recipe as all
other "overlayed" bbclasses you might have after they were moved to
different subdirectories in oe-core with:
https://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=f5c128008365e141082c129417eb72d2751e8045