FWIW, I'd like to tighten the check for Pending, so that it would
require a [reason] too. For existing pending patches it can simply say
[legacy patch needing triage], but having to think of a reason will
hopefully deter people from adding more Pending patches without at
least pausing to think what they want to do with them (and ideally
sending them upstream there and then).

Alex