This topic comes up from time to time.
There was already a patch proposed for this:
https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/topic/101991269#msg189260
https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/topic/102076964#msg189501

Maybe it wouldn't be that difficult to finish it, but it's possible that it
needs to get a bit broader to also update generated spdx
as there is ongoing activity to separate cve-check into offline tool processing
the spdx file.

Peter