On 05/16/2011 03:10 AM, Yu Ke wrote:
on 2011-5-16 11:31, wangyang wrote:
Hello!

Because YOCTO supports x86, arm and so on MCU. I just want to know
about how to
port YOCTO to other MCU. Is it difficult, what's kind of knowledge
needed?
Thanks

Add another machine is not that difficult, as Yocto is designed to be
highly customizable for different H/W. What you need is a BSP layer for
your H/W, it is basically the H/W specific configuration, e.g. the
kernel config, graphics config.

the BSP Guide
(http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/bsp-guide/bsp-guide.html) has good
info on how to write BSP. Also you can find some example from existing
BSP, like meta-intel BSP
(http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-intel/)

Regards
Ke

When I clone the yocto git repo (git://git.pokylinux.org/poky.git) I don't get any of these meta-xxx directories that the BSP guide talks about. They seem to be kept in a separate git repository.

My question is then, once I create my meta-xxx directory structure, how is it hooked up to the overall poky build infrastructure? I've failed to find an answer in the BSP guide so far.

Thanks,

--
Pedro