On 06/10/2011 11:21 AM, Scott Garman wrote:
Hello,

As a data point for where we stand in ensuring our packages are
producing documentation, I have some scripts which build all recipes
(using the output of bitbake -s, not world), and then check that a -doc
package is generated which is populated with files.

A summary of the results using yesterday's master are as follows:

584 recipes in total
307 recipes are building documentation
277 recipes are not building documentation

20 recipes did not build, and are counted above as "not building
documentation"

It's the impression of Saul and I that some of the recipes which do not
build are failing due to dependency issues. In this case, it's generally
not from a missing dependency, but having another recipe built first
which then gets picked up (e.g, during do_configure) and causes a build
failure.

For comparison, here were the results from last month (May 6th):

591 recipes in total
308 recipes are building documentation
283 recipes are not building documentation

31 recipes did not build

The lists of recipes are attached to this email. We'd like to improve
the percentage of recipes that produce documentation (separated into
-doc packages, of course) for our next major release in October.

Our userspace recipe maintainers should look into setting aside some
time to know which of their recipes are in the "not building
documentation" list and work to improve them. A lot of this is likely to
be low-hanging fruit.

I have pending fixes for a number of the build_errors list, many where dependency issues that build on a full build, I am going to research those.

We have bugs for alsa-tools, gobject-interospection and clutter-box2d.

So the recipe maintainers really just need to look at the not building docs list, not the errors list at this time.

Sau!

Thanks,

Scott