On 11-10-28 1:06 PM, Brian Park wrote:
Thanks for the info.
As I'm very new to Yocto, I'd not know how to create local.conf to build
for panda, even knowing that the kernel will support pandaboard. How
would I go about configuring Yocto to build for panda? If you can point
me to some documentation showing how to do it, I'd appreciate it.

I'm just learning yocto, in my spare time, and just went through the
quick start guide to build for x86qemu image and skimmed through the
development manual. But I'm not too sure how to go about configuring for
pandaboard. I figured, I can build for beagle board and then modify
config to make it work for panda. However, I'm having build issue when
trying to build for beagle board.

That would likely work for userspace (minus the build error you
mentioned) with the appropriate config changes. But for the kernel,
there is a different set of patches for board support, so you do
need to pick the right layer and preferred kernel.

If there is already an existing pandaboard config, I'd like to try it.

There is one floating around, I'll locate the latest tgz and you
can try it out in the yocto context (I say yocto, since as I've
mentioned there are other oe based configs and layers that can be
used for panda support as well).

Cheers,

Bruce

Thank you.

Brian

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Bruce Ashfield