On 2011-11-07 14:59, James Abernathy wrote:
I approach embedded Linux from a path of taking a Distro like Ubuntu or Fedora
and chopping it down to a working set of code that forms the final solution.
Obviously, not the same
methology as Yocto.  With some success with the current methods, it's difficult
to see the advantages of Yocto.  I'm reading what I can find to get smarting on
Yocto, but like most
new concepts, you try to compare what you used to do with how to do it with the
new concept.
For example, if I use a distro, I can install packages really simply with yum
or apt-get; update them the same way. If I start with a Yocto meta-??? that's
closest to my hardware
solution, and get it working at a base level, how do I add things, like
browsers, or other application?

Using very similar tools - zypper is just like yum, or if
you choose to use ipk packages, opkg