On 11/01/12 15:20, Brian Hutchinson wrote:
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Bruce Ashfield
<bruce.ashfi...@windriver.com>  wrote:
It will. I sent patches recently to make that the preferred version
in the master branch. Cherry picking that change would probably
be all you would need.

2.  Is the example for setting up for kernel modification in the
development manual still valid for Edison?

Should be.

Would I get that change if I just did a git pull or do I have to do
something else?  I did a git pull to update my Edison checkout last
night realizing that I hadn't done one in a while and then ran a new
clean build and still ran into the same problem.  After triple
checking my work I figured it was time to post.

Regards,

Brian

I can chime in here. I am currently trying to get my Beagleboard running on the master branch, and it is pulling in kernel 3.0.12. However I cannot get it to boot, I get as far as here:

*Texas Instruments X-Loader 1.5.0 (Jan 11 2012 - 14:06:12)
Beagle xM
Reading boot sector

U-Boot 2011.06 (Jan 11 2012 - 14:15:11)

OMAP3630/3730-GP ES2.1, CPU-OPP2, L3-165MHz, Max CPU Clock 1 Ghz
OMAP3 Beagle board + LPDDR/NAND
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  512 MiB
NAND:  0 MiB
MMC:   OMAP SD/MMC: 0
*** Warning - readenv() failed, using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Beagle unknown 0x02
No EEPROM on expansion board
Die ID #0ed800229ff800000163810c15007017
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
SD/MMC found on device 0
reading uEnv.txt

** Unable to read "uEnv.txt" from mmc 0:1 **
reading uImage

3106580 bytes read
Booting from mmc ...
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 82000000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-3.0.12-yocto-standard+
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    3106516 Bytes = 3 MiB
   Load Address: 80008000
   Entry Point:  80008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
OK

Starting kernel ...

Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

*Where it hangs and won't go any further. I am watching it over serial using a baud rate of 115200. It's a bit worrying that uBoot doesn't pick up the Beagle revision... I'm sure it used to when I was doing testing a few months ago.

Cheers,
Jack.