On 06/02/12 08:17, Paul Eggleton wrote:
On Thursday 02 February 2012 13:11:19 Joshua Lock wrote:
Apologies. I'm wrong here. It was PRIORITY which we agreed to drop.

It's worth noting however, at the same time PRIORITY removal was discussed it
was acknowledged that SECTION was questionable. Logical grouping of
recipes/packages is a useful thing but coming up with groupings that are
meaningful in all contexts is hard :(

Glad to know my recollection isn't wildly off the mark.

I noticed that there are similar, yet different, SECTION values being used. If we opt to keep SECTION I wonder if we should try and standardise/sanitise it?

Debian's sections seem like reasonable inspiration? http://packages.debian.org/stable/

I think SECTION is useful for tools like Hob and Narcissus, so I'm in favour of keeping them.

Cheers,
Joshua
--
Joshua Lock