On 12-02-24 03:29 AM, Joshua Immanuel wrote:
On Tue, 2012-02-21 at 15:10 +0530, Joshua Immanuel wrote:
         While trying to generate my custom rootfs image, I added the
linux_yocto_3.0.bbappend file to my custom layer and specified the
KMACHINE, SRCREV and COMPATIBLE_MACHINE variables. I find the
generated
kernel image (bzImage-ekino.bin) in the tmp/deploy/images directory.

But, the rootfs image does not contain the kernel (in /boot
directory).
My machine configuration file has the following kernel specific lines

         PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel ?= "linux-yocto"
         PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-yocto ?= "3.0%"

Can someone explain the work flow behind the process of installing the
kernel into the rootfs image? My custom image has the IMAGE_INSTALL for
"task-core-boot". In turn, the task-core-boot recipe DEPENDS on
"virtual/kernel" this ensures that the kernel is staged.

But, I am not sure which recipe/class is responsible for installing the
kernel in the final rootfs image. Should I explicitly add the
"linux-yocto" to RDEPENDS?

Are you past this issue yet ? I'm not sure, since you did have some
other email that looked to be past this .. or maybe they weren't.

Darren went through the process of documenting these variables and
was looking into some related issues. Darren: is this something that
you ran into ?

Cheers,

Bruce

Please guide me.