On 03/15/2012 06:07 AM, Joshua Immanuel wrote:
Hello,
        In yocto I find that the live image (hddimg) is generated using
syslinux (in bootimg.bbclass). But, I find there has been no check
enforced to find whether the filesystem size exceeds 1 GB. The image
will not boot if the hddimg size exceeds 1GB. This is due to the
limitation in syslinux.

How to address this issue? Is there any other alternate solution for
this? Should I file a bug report for this?

Yes, this sounds worthy of filing a bug. Bonus points for patch submissions to fix it. ;)

Scott

--
Scott Garman
Embedded Linux Engineer - Yocto Project