On 06/30/2012 06:29 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:
On Saturday 30 June 2012 23:56:18 Koen Kooi wrote:
But do note that if you ship libstdc++ without anything linking to it you
forego on the linking exception to the GPL. That is general is a Very Bad
Thing(TM), so ship a helloword.cpp binary to keep the fsf happy. As an
added bonus the helloworld will drag in the lib automatically.

[citation needed]

I agree with Koen.

I have had discussion with the FSF and others in the open source compliance arena. The first sentence appears to be the prevailing interpretation. I have asked the FSF to clarify its position on the FAQ but no luck so far.

Bill