On 2012-07-24 13:36, Elvis Dowson wrote:
Hi,

On Jul 24, 2012, at 11:15 PM, McClintock Matthew-B29882 <b29...@freescale.com
<mailto:b29...@freescale.com>> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Elvis Dowson <elvis.dow...@gmail.com
<mailto:elvis.dow...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi,
     I have progressed somewhat further with getting Yocto to build a
kernel image and rootfilesystem for the Xilinx ML507 PowerPC440 target
development board.

For some reason, I'm unable to get a login prompt. The serial console device
is ttyUL0. If someone could help me figure out what's going wrong, it would
be great. I have checked /etc/securetty and it does contain an entry for
ttyUL0.

You don't use /etc/inittab to spawn consoles?

It is set as follows:

0:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 115200 ttyUL0

Best regards,

Did 'udev' run?  I didn't see it in your log.  Normally, udev
would be responsible for creating /dev/ttyUL0

What image are you trying to run?  e.g. core-image-minimal, etc?