On 09/06/2012 02:59 PM, Chris Conlon wrote:
Adding a direct link to the CyaSSL recipe file for review:

www.yassl.com/files/yocto/cyassl_2.3.0.bb
<http://www.yassl.com/files/yocto/cyassl_2.3.0.bb>

Chris,

On initial inspection of this recipe it looks OK, what package/libraries does it provide? Are they the same as the openssl package?

You may need RCONFLICTS_${PN} and/or RPROVIDES_${PN}, where the ${PN} may need to be the package names in openssl, I need to check that.

I would suggest that initially you make this available as a standard
layer, possibly called meta-cyassl, it could be hosted on GitHub. You can add it to the OpenEmbedded Layer Index. See http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/LayerIndex

Distributions that want to use this instead of OpenSSL can then use your layer and select your recipe, if it's setup correctly it will provide what they need.

I hope this is helpful in moving things forward for you.

Sau!
Yocto Project Component Wrangler
aka Yocto Project User Space Architect

Best Regards,