I am probably going about this the wrong way, but I am trying to create a new
BSP for an Intel Core2 Duo PC104 board (from ADL-USA, the ADLGS45 to be exact).
 I have the BSP and everything working (or so it appears) and I have checked
the kernel configuration.  So far I have not had any issues - Poky builds the
base and minimal images perfectly.

However, where do I go from here?  I used 'dd' to dump the generated ISO image
to a SATA SSD and I hooked that up and the system booted just fine - however I
have a couple of problems:

1. The root filesystem is read-only - I would like it to be writable
(especially since I cannot start SSH because the initscripts cannot generate
the SSH keys on boot).

2. I would like to prevent the system from automatically trying to mount every
drive it detects.  I would like it to create devices for any disks attached to
the system, but stop there.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Jonathan