On 16/01/2013 05:45, Ed Nelson wrote:
I finally got a response back from github ....

Hi Ed,

We tracked the issue down to an internal network timeout (it only happens when `--quiet` is used, because git is silent on the network while preparing the clone in that case). We've bumped up the limit, and you should be able to clone now. Please let us know if you have any more trouble.

I have not tried it yet but hopefully they fixed the problem

I've just tried it and it is still failing -

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL git://github.com/raspberrypi/linux.git;protocol=git;branch=rpi-3.2.27, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
Cloning into bare repository '/data_drive/RPiMonoSmoke/yoctoProject/raspberryPiBuild/downloads/git2/github.com.raspberrypi.linux.git'...

fatal: read error: Connection timed out
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://github.com/raspberrypi/linux.git;protocol=git;branch=rpi-3.2.27'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

Alex

Thanks
Ed