Hi Jon,

Le Wed, 16 Jan 2013 13:49:25 -0500,
Jon Szymaniak <jon.szyman...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> I'm not doing anything too unusual for "installing" Qt. My recipes for
> my Qt application simply inherit qt4e, and list qt4-embedded in
> DEPENDS.

"inherit qt4e" is enough, no need to add qt4-embedded to DEPENDS.

> The only place where I deviated a bit from the norm is that I use a
> qt4-embedded_4.8.3.bbappend to set up QT_CONFIG_FLAGS exactly as I
> want them, and to rm ${D}/usr/bin/qtopia. Below's my bbappend. I'd be
> interested to hear if there's a better way to clean out unneeded
> directories from a rootfs (in my case ${D}/usr/bin/qtopia).
>
> DEPENDS = "qt4-tools-native freetype jpeg libpng zlib"
>
> # Override provided recipe and configure Qt4 to...
> # - Disable irrelevant functionality and output
> # - Disable SQL Plugins
> # - Disable unused input/ouput
> # - Have keyboard input and mouse input via /dev/input/mice
> # - Have Linux framebuffer support
> # - Use QML (so we need the declarative engine)
> #
> # Note, some of these might be extraneous, and this is a work in progress.
> # (You've been warned!)
> QT_CONFIG_FLAGS = "\
>  -embedded ${QT_ARCH} -qtlibinfix ${QT_LIBINFIX} \
>  -release -no-rpath -reduce-relocations -shared -no-exceptions \
>  -no-mmx -no-3dnow -no-sse -no-sse2 -no-sse3 -no-sse4.1 -no-sse4.2 -no-avx \
>  -no-glib -no-largefile -no-accessibility -no-openssl -no-gtkstyle \
>  -no-xcursor -no-xinerama -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -no-svg -no-webkit \
>  -no-libmng -no-accessibility -no-qt3support -no-xmlpatterns \
>  -no-audio-backend -no-gif -nomake examples -nomake demos -no-javascript-jit \
>  -no-nis -no-cups -no-declarative-debug \
>  -no-sql-db2 -no-sql-ibase -no-sql-mysql -no-sql-oci -no-sql-odbc \
>  -no-sql-sqlite -no-sql-sqlite2 -no-sql-sqlite_symbian -no-sql-tds \
>  -no-xkb -no-kbd-tty -no-kbd-qnx -no-mouse-linuxinput \
>  -no-mouse-tslib -no-mouse-qnx -no-mouse-linuxtp \
>  -qt-mouse-pc -qt-kbd-linuxinput \
>  -qt-gfx-linuxfb -qt-gfx-multiscreen \
>  -depths 8,16,24,32 \
>  -declarative -script"
>
> PRINC := "${@int(PRINC) + 1}"
>
> # Despite not building them, qt4.inc creates /usr/bin/qtopia/ with
> # only demo/ and example/ underneath. Let's get rid of these...
> do_install_append() {
>     rm -rf ${D}/usr/bin/qtopia
> }

strange, demos and examples are packaged in ${QT_BASE_NAME}-demos and
${QT_BASE_NAME}-examples packages so if you find these directories on
your target, that means you requested qt4-embedded-demos and
qt4-embedded-examples to be installed in your image.

Are you installing packagegroup-core-qt4e in your image like in
qt4e-demo-image ? If yes, that's where you pull demos & examples.

To get a minimal image, you could simply have :
IMAGE_INSTALL += "\
        ${CORE_IMAGE_BASE_INSTALL} \
        you_qt_app \
        some qt4-embedded-fonts or qt4-embedded-plugin you may need
        (check packagegroup-core-qt4e.bb for the exact names) \
        "
inherit core-image

The Qt libraries your application is linked with will be automatically
installed and you won't get extra unwanted packages in your image.

Best regards,
Eric