On 2013-02-14 08:00, Burton, Ross wrote:
On 14 February 2013 13:24, Gary Thomas <g...@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
My system has a single GUI program and I'd like to change the "feel"
(aka theme).  For example, I'd like to change the colors around (black
backgrounds, light foregrounds, etc), as well as things like the size
and color of sliders, etc (it's a very restricted environment and I want
the feel to reflect that).

I think I still need the Sato basics as I need some minimal window manager
services like popup keyboards, etc.

Messing with the gtk+ theme is the right thing to do, and you can
change the theme whilst still using the rest of the Sato environment.

Either dig into the Sato theme more, or there's a lot of GTK+ 2 themes
at http://art.gnome.org/themes/gtk2 (and other locations) that will
work just fine.

This is a great resource and many of them look perfect for my needs.

What's the best way to install/use one of these? (while I may have been
using X since version 10.2, I seldom mess with such things and don't
really know the best starting point)

For example, I downloaded 'ClearLooks Dark Orange' which gave me a single
file "Clearlooks-DarkOrange/gtk-2.0/gtkrc".  How do I install this and
make it stick on my target?

Thanks