On 03/11/2013 10:17 AM, Khem Raj wrote:

On Mar 11, 2013, at 3:45 AM, Gaurang Shastri <gmshas...@gmail.com
<mailto:gmshas...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi All,

Any shades of light for below query ???

I would suggest to open a bug for it.

Timing is on this one!

I noticed this recently independent of this email!

I have contacted the maintainer of util-linux to clarify the license of mbsalign.c as it's used directly by cal and lslocks and included in the common library.

As it also turns out the original reason that util-linux was marked as GPLv3 because of lscpu, which is now be changed back to GPLv2.

I will keep people posted on this one.

We try to do our best to keep the license information up to date and sometimes files under core licenses slip by. As upstreams projects start to use SPDX this kind of problem can be avoided.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Sau!

//Gaurang Shastri

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Gaurang Shastri <gmshas...@gmail.com