On 13-06-24 03:09 AM, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
From: Bruce Ashfield

There's no technical reason at all. In fact, pre 3.8 the -rt
kernel used
to inherit more of the standard kernel's configuration and
hence enabled
cgroups. In 3.8, we defined a new policy for the -rt kernel, that used
parts of the standard kernel's configuration, but not all.

We can definitely add functionality to this baseline, and
I'll be adding
more in the upcoming dev cycle for yocto 1.5.

In the meantime you can enable it, and let me know how it
goes. I can then
update the -rt baseline config, knowing that someone else is
testing it
too.

To enable it, create a linux-yocto_3.8.bbappend, and add:

   KERNEL_FEATURES_append = " features/cgroups/cgroups.scc"

And you'll get the same cgroups config that you have with the standard
linux-yocto kernel.

Yes, that builds and boots fine (except it's linux-yocto-rt_3.8.bbappend).

Hah. Indeed!

Thanks a million.

Great news.

Cheers,