On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 1:33 AM, Michael Halstead
<mich...@yoctoproject.org> wrote:
> I can change the name shortly. Is there any reason to keep a read-only
> copy available at the current location temporarily?

It can't hurt, but I also can't think of a really compelling reason that it is
absolutely required. By the name alone, we can be sure that nothing
core to a build uses it, or fetches it, and that anyone with a copy can
continue to use their local copy under the current name .. until they
track down the new repo name.

Cheers,

Bruce

> Michael Halstead
> Yocto Project / Sys Admin
>
> On 06/30/2013 10:19 PM, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I updated the dev-manual section that tells the user what is in this repo
>> and shows an example of cloning it.  Nothing changes except for the name,
>> which I switched to 'meta-yocto-kernel-extras'.  To me, it appears that the
>> contents of the repo still contain the kernel BitBake append files that you
>> edit to point to your locally modified kernel source files as described in
>> the text.  Within the entire YP documentation set, this little area is the
>> only reference to the old 'poky-extras' repo.  Here is the link to see the
>> changes -
>> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.5/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#meta-yocto-kernel-extras-repo.
>>
>> I am assuming that the name of the repo will indeed be changed to
>> 'meta-yocto-kernel-extras'.  If I don't hear from anyone, I will assume
>> everything is good.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Scott

thee at its end"