On 2013-08-06 10:01, Mark Hatle wrote:
On 8/6/13 10:00 AM, Jack Mitchell wrote:
On 06/08/13 15:50, Mark Hatle wrote:
On 8/6/13 9:41 AM, Jack Mitchell wrote:
On 06/08/13 15:31, Gary Thomas wrote:
My embedded device needs to send out email.

I've looked around a bit and I don't see any recipes for a
mail sender, e.g. sendmail or postfix, for Yocto (OE-core).

Have I missed something?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Surely my application isn't the first that wants to send email...

Would recipes-extended/msmtp do the job? Do you need to run the whole
mail stack or is pushing out emails to an smtp server adequate?

msmtp is provided specifically to be able to send email out.  It should
produce a binary called "sendmail" that is capable of simply sending
email (and conforming to LSB requirements.)

--Mark

Colour me impressed, I didn't realise it was also a drop-in for sendmail.

Drop in replacement for the 'sendmail' command, but it's not a drop-in for
'sendmail' the software.  (It only has sending capabilities from what I've been
told, which is all that
is required for the LSB certification.)

And almost enough for my needs.  Amanda wants to use an MTA that
works like the desktop 'mail', e.g.
  mail -s "subject" TO <body
I wrote a simple wrapper to use msmtp/sendmail and it works fine.

Thanks