On 13-08-19 04:58 AM, Manish Sharma wrote:
Actually my requirement is to compile my user & kernel source (C source
code) as a layer in Yocto (using whatever toolchain yocto uses) so that
the resulting image should have my binaries (both user and kernel
level). And I can directly invoke them on my will.

Define "invoke". What you are describing sounds like a typical scenario
where you add a BSP layer, that builds a kernel and usrspace .. and
you boot it. Are you describing something else ?

Bruce

I had started with yocto build appliance VM but ran into issues majorly
because 'eth' interfaces are not coming up on that VM hence no network!
I have now installed a Cent OS machine with poky and other required
packages. Follwing the dev-manual to create a layer, place source and
build the image.
Kindly suggest if I am missing any of the steps required to achieve my
objective?
Any guidance would be helpful in this case..

Regards
Manish Sharma

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Iorga, Cristian