On 13-10-26 06:57 AM, Diego Sueiro wrote:
Bruce,

We have two scenarios here:

 1. bbapend with full defconfig replacement
 2. bbapend with config fragments

The first scenario just worked when using FILESPATH_prepend. For me it
does not make sense, since on YP manual says that
FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend must be use [1].

The second scenario did not worked even changing to FILESPATH_prepend.

I ran tests today, using the layers Mike indicated, since it was
a bit easier for me to set up on top of my existing builds.

I'm using dylan for my yocto checkout (not oe-core standalone, since
this is a yocto list/question),

My build shows:

meta
meta-yocto
meta-yocto-bsp    = "dylan:3dc4505f0e744177ae4ddff1e1ce8b31b95dfaa6"
meta-ti           = "master:c14c386946e1ea341faeea292580e37d538d645d"
meta-alphalem     = "master:a5c0e8ff51297a4090cd47d669b4fc9c94696908"
meta-alphalem-bsp = "master:56086e4dc618e975c9a46491793041f0d18e47a2"

Mike indicated that he was using dylan for meta-ti, but that doesn't
make a difference either, since for our purposed. It's kernel.bbclass
and the yocto kernel processing that matters.

In meta-alphalem-bsp, I have linux-mainline_3.2.bbappend, with the
following content:

> cat linux-mainline_3.2.bbappend
FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}-3.2:"

inherit kernel
require recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto.inc

COMPATIBLE_MACHINE = "(beagleboard)"

SRC_URI_append = " file://defconfig"
SRC_URI_append = " file://my_frag.cfg"

And I added a fragment which has:

> cat my_frag.cfg
CONFIG_WATCHDOG_NOWAYOUT=y
CONFIG_NTFS_FS=y
CONFIG_NTFS_RW=y

When both are applied to the kernel build, we should see CONFIG_NTFS_FS
transition from =m to =y:

> grep CONFIG_NTFS_FS *
defconfig:CONFIG_NTFS_FS=m
my_frag.cfg:CONFIG_NTFS_FS=y

After invoking linux-mainline's configure task, I see the following:

> grep CONFIG_NTFS_FS linux-beagleboard-standard-build/.config
CONFIG_NTFS_FS=y

And other elements of the defconfig and fragment are properly applied
to the configuration phase.

I'm also seeing good results on master, which means that I'm at a
standstill to reproduce any problems.

Diego: can you confirm for me what triggers you are seeing that shows
the defconfig and fragment are not used. I assume the config options
are not present, but I just want to be sure.

Mike: what were you initially seeing that was different from my results ?

Cheers,

Bruce

[1] -
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-FILESEXTRAPATHS

Regards,

--
*dS
Diego Sueiro

/*long live rock 'n roll*/

2013/10/25 Mike Lewis <mikele...@alphalem.com
<mailto:mikele...@alphalem.com>>

    Bruce: yep, fixed my issue. Sorry for the bother!

    Diego: thanks for the solution!

    - Mike

    On 10/25/2013 11:44 AM, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

        On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Diego Sueiro
        <diego.sue...@gmail.com <mailto:diego.sue...@gmail.com>> wrote:

            Bruce,

            Regarding the defconfig not used, I've found this thread on
            Angstrom devel
            ML:

http://www.mail-archive.com/__angstrom-distro-devel@__linuxtogo.org/msg06721.html

<http://www.mail-archive.com/angstrom-distro-devel@linuxtogo.org/msg06721.html>

            I've replaced "FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend" with
            "FILESPATH_prepend" and removed
            the custom "do_configure_prepend" function and bitbake is
            now using my
            defconfig.
            So, it seems that there is an issue with FILESEXTRAPATHS
            variable.

        Aha. That does make sense.

        Mike: does that same change fix your issues ?

        Bruce

            Regards,

            --
            *dS
            Diego Sueiro

            /*long live rock 'n roll*/

            2013/10/23 Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfi...@windriver.com
            <mailto:bruce.ashfi...@windriver.com>>

                On 13-10-22 12 <tel:13-10-22%2012>:23 PM, Mike Lewis wrote:

                    Hi Bruce,

                    I'm trying to accomplish the nearly the same thing
                    (i.e. adding config
                    fragment) and I'm having the same issue at the
                    do_patch step. Were you
                    able to reproduce this on your end?

                Mike,

                Is you config/layer somewhere than I can have a look at
                it ? I was trying
                some builds here, and my tests are working. But I'd like
                to try it
                with your config as well.

                Bruce

                    Thanks,
                    Mike

                    On 10/18/2013 01:17 PM, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

                        On 13-10-18 05 <tel:13-10-18%2005>:17 AM, Diego
                        Sueiro wrote:

                            2013/10/18 Bruce Ashfield
                            <bruce.ashfi...@windriver.com
                            <mailto:bruce.ashfi...@windriver.com>
                            <mailto:bruce.ashfield@__windriver.com
                            <mailto:bruce.ashfi...@windriver.com>>>

                                  I fell behind today .. i had 2300
                            unread email to start this
                            morning :)
                                  Is there a way that I can get a copy
                            of your recipes and layers ?
                            If
                                  I can do a build myself, I can easily
                            debug and fix this ..
                                  otherwise, we'll

                                  Cheers,

                                  Bruce

                            I'm using the environment provided by
                            Angstrom from it's github setup
                            scripts.
                            If you want to exactly reproduce it you need to:

                                  git clone

https://github.com/Angstrom-__distribution/setup-scripts.git

<https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts.git>
                                  cd setup-scripts
                                  git checkout angstrom-v2013.06-yocto1.4
                                  MACHINE=beaglebone ./oebb.sh config
                            beaglebone

                            Here is the setup and files for meta-mine:

                            bblayers.conf:

                                  BBLAYERS = \"

                                      ${TOPDIR}/sources/meta-mine \
                                      "

                            meta-mine/conf/layer.conf:

                                  # We have a conf and classes
                            directory, append to BBPATH
                                  BBPATH .= ":${LAYERDIR}"
                                  # We have a recipes directory, add to
                            BBFILES
                                  BBFILES += "${LAYERDIR}/recipes*/*/*.bb
                                  ${LAYERDIR}/recipes*/*/*.__bbappend"
                                  BBFILE_COLLECTIONS += "mine-layer"
                                  BBFILE_PATTERN_mine-layer :=
                            "^${LAYERDIR}/"
                                  BBFILE_PRIORITY_mine-layer = "10"
                                  LAYERDEPENDS_mine-layer = "angstrom-layer"

meta-mine/recipes-kernel/__linux/linux-mainline_3.8.__bbappend:

                                  FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend :=
                            "${THISDIR}/${PN}-3.8:"
                                  inherit kernel
                                  require
                            recipes-kernel/linux/linux-__yocto.inc
                                  COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_beaglebone =
                            "(beaglebone)"
                                  SRC_URI += " file://config-addons.cfg "

meta-mine/recipes-kernel/__linux/linux-mainline-3.8/__config-addons.cfg:

                                  CONFIG_WATCHDOG_NOWAYOUT=y
                                  CONFIG_NTFS_FS=y
                                  CONFIG_NTFS_RW=y

                            But I think that instead of using the whole
                            Angstrom you can just use
                            poky and meta-beagleboard/common-bsp on
                            dylan branch.

                        Great. I'll launch some test builds and see what
                        breaks (or works) :)

                        Bruce

                            Regards,

                            --