On 14-04-10 11:32 AM, Patrick Doyle wrote:
I just added a custom kernel module to my build, and now my rootfs
includes a copy of my kernel (thus making it too large to fit in my
pinhole sized root partition).

Is there any way to prevent the kernel from being included in the
rootfs?  Do modutils require a kernel image in order to function
properly?

Clear this in your kernel recipe:

# Allow machines to override this dependency if kernel image files are
# not wanted in images as standard
RDEPENDS_kernel-base ?= "kernel-image"

and you'll get no kernel image, and yes, modules will work.

Bruce

My recipe contains

inherit module

So I'm expecting that the module class does magic that results in the
kernel getting installed.

Is there a flag I can set to say "Don't do that?".

Thanks.

--wpd