On 14-06-12 09:59 AM, Alex J Lennon wrote:

On 12/06/2014 14:53, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
On 14-06-12 09:46 AM, Alex J Lennon wrote:
Hi,

I was taking a quick look at converting the meta-raspberrypi kernel
recipes to be linux-yocto style, to provide config frag support.

I'm working with poky master, referencing linux-yocto-custom.bb in
meta-skeleton

This seems to be working as far as it goes, but I get an error when
there are no configuration fragments supplied on the SRC_URI.

| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_kernel_configme
| [INFO] doing kernel configme
| [INFO] Configuring target/machine combo: "standard/raspberrypi"
| [INFO] collecting configs in ./.meta/meta-series
| cat: .meta/cfg/standard/raspberrypi/config_frag.txt: No such file or
directory
| cat: .meta/cfg/standard/raspberrypi/config_frag.txt: No such file or
directory
| mv: cannot stat
`[.....]/tmp/work/raspberrypi-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-raspberrypi/3.12.21+gitcb53ea88f75180cc1ba74f7f197c8e3fd4f47cfe-r0/linux-raspberrypi-standard-build/.tmp.config*':

No such file or directory
| creation of pre-processed config data failed
| config of "standard/raspberrypi" failed

When I add an empty file://dummy.cfg file to the SRC_URI then I can
build successfully.

When I add a dummy option CONFIG_DUMMY=y into that fragment file
do_kernel_configcheck correctly flags up that this is an unknown option
for the kernel so it seems to be pulled in ok.

Can anybody advise?

I have a fix for a similar issue in a patch queue that I'm going to
finish work on short (as part of 1.7 development work) .. the error
message that is generated in that scenario is certainly not much
help to anyone.

To see if this is the same issue, I'll ask a quick clarification
question.

 From what you describe .. when you see the message, do you also
have a defconfig on the SRC_URI ?

Hi Bruce,

Currently I'm using -

SRC_URI =
"git://github.com/raspberrypi/linux.git;protocol=git;branch=rpi-3.12.y \
            file://sl030raspberrypii2ckernel.patch \
            file://dummy.cfg \
           "

The original RPi recipe seems to be trying to use KERNEL_DEFCONFIG to use
an existing config within the tree so I had left that alone thus far,
but I'm not sure it
is being pulled in so am looking at this now too,

Aha, so yes, that is likely the same thing that I was seeing before. If
you have no configuration at all, the tools don't have anything to seed
into the config_frag.txt file (and in earlier versions they didn't
touch the file to ensure it is present, or use the missing file as a
trigger for a more useful message).

Bruce

# NOTE: For now we pull in the default config from the RPi kernel GIT tree.
KERNEL_DEFCONFIG = "bcmrpi_defconfig"

Thanks,

Alex