On 07/04/2014 04:42 PM, Sathish Kumar Balasubramaniam -ERS, HCL Tech wrote:
Thanks, Robert Yang.

Method using abc.bb:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before I tried using abc.bb, but I faced an error that says unknown package abc
and something like opkg_install_cmd: cannot install .....
Hence I thought of trying linux-kernel_3.4.bbappend.

But now I added like the following to the abc.bb file (before I didn't give the
-dbg line)

FILES_${PN} += "${base_libdir}"
FILES_${PN}-dbg += "${base_libdir}/.debug"
FILES_SOLIBSDEV = ""

Now it's working :)   --------> This is fine for me and as you said, this is
the recommended way too.

Sounds great.

Method using linux-kernel_3.4.bb just for analysis :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried to add FILES_kernel-vmlinux like the following

do_install_append () {
         install -d ${D}${base_libdir}
         install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/abc.so ${D}${base_libdir}
}

FILES_kernel-vmlinux += "${base_libdir}"
FILES_kernel-vmlinux-dbg += "${base_libdir}/.debug"

I am getting the following error

ERROR: QA Issue: non debug package contains .debug directory: kernel-vmlinux path
/work/<machine>-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-yocto/3.4+<version>/packages-split/kernel-vmlinux/lib/.debug/abc.so

Maybe you need something like:

PACKAGES += kernel-vmlinux-dgb

Otherwise the FILES_kernel-vmlinux-dbg has no effect.

// Robert

Regards,
Sathish