On 07/09/2014 08:18 AM, Christopher Larson wrote:
On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 7:37 AM, Bollinger, Seth <seth.bollin...@digi.com>
wrote:

I recently ran into a problem where I had trouble determining why the
setgid bit was set in my rootfs.  It turns out that debian has this bit set
on /usr/local (where I was building from), and thus inherited this bit from
that directory tree.  This surprised me, so I thought I would pass it along
in case it saves anyone else some time.

Ah, yes, I've hit this in the past too, thanks for bringing it up, we'll
have to resolve that -- perhaps have bitbake chmod g-s ${TMPDIR} when it's
created?

If you have not already filed a bug for this can some one please do that so it does not get lost or forgotten.

Thanks
        Sau!