On 9/18/14, 2:57 PM, Joe MacDonald wrote:
Hey all,

As we'd all discussed at different times in the past, we're well behind
the curve on a refpolicy update for meta-selinux.  With the 1.7 release
of Yocto coming up, we thought it was important to update the policy
sooner rather than later, so I'm starting that work now.

It's being done in master-next and currently the only recipe that has
been updated is the -mls one.  Over the next few days I'll be updating
the others, then working through testing and trying to make sure they're
all sane.  It would help me out immensely if you had time to kick the
tires as well on your favourite policy variant.

Depending on how long this takes, the next step is updating the
userspace.  Fortunately this time around, though, the current userspace
is still officially up to the task of managing the current policy, so a
full update isn't strictly required.  It'd be a really nice thing to
have done, though.  :-)

I spoke with Joe about this work this morning, and I think master-next is the right place to do this. So if you have immediate bug fixes, we'll try to apply them to both master and master-next. And then continue to use master-next to stage the policy changes (or anything else that requires a bit more 'soak' time) before merging.

I'd like to try to get 'master' of meta-selinux fully synced and working with the 'master' of Poky around the time of Poky's release (within a week or so of the release at least).. then we can branch and let the master continue to flow with any "new" work. (It's a plan, I'm not sure if it'll happen or not.)

If anyone has any concerns let me know.. otherwise I think this is the plan!

--Mark