On 2014-09-30 17:00, ezek...@sanborndeasis.net wrote:
I noticed that if I update the SRCREV value in a recipe to a newer rev for a
GIT repository, OE does not think it needs to run the fetch step unless I force
it. In other words

bitbake -c fetch foobar

does not pick up that the SRCREV it was downloaded for is no longer correct.

bitbake -f -c fetch foobar

obviously works fine. It appears to come down to the do_fetch stampfile. Is
this intended functionality? It seems that if my SRCREV does not match against
what was downloaded that
should be invalidated and the fetch should be forced. Am I missing something?

Check the recent [last week or so] logs - this has just been addressed
and should work with the latest master [or maybe master-next]