On 2014-11-13 05:59, Mike Looijmans wrote:
I finally got around to trying to use our custom board's BSP with Yocto images.

Since the board has a touchscreen (well, actually it has two) I built the
core-image-sato.

I had to tweak the startup a bit, because our framebuffer is in the FPGA it
won't be available until after programming it and loading the modules.

Setting psplash to S05 instead of S00, and modutils to load at S04 fixes the
initialization order problems I saw.

What I get now is a nice Yocto logo on the screen, and a progress bar that
almost fills up. But nothing else happens. I'd expect the GUI to start then,
but apparently there's
nothing to trigger that?

Display works, touch works, everything seems in perfect working order.

I can't find anything that attempts to start anything. There's nothing in
inittab, and there's nothing in rc3.d that resembles an attempt at starting
something desktop GUI
application or so.

Am I missing something, is this a bug, or is this expected behaviour and am I
supposed to type some magic command first?

If you are running the stock core-image-sato, X is started
by /etc/rc5.d/S09xserver-nodm

Do you have a serial console?  You can learn a lot from that.
Also try looking at /var/log/Xorg.0.log