Hello,
using yocto dizzy ( but had the same problem with daisy )

I have a strange problem with few recipes that inherit from systemd.bbclass.
When I add the package to an image recipe, the software will NOT be started on
boot. But, if I install the package from RPM, it will be started automatically
on boot.

I use a .bbappend template to add systemd service file to the package.
The template looks like this :
#==========================================================
inherit systemd

SRC_URI += "file://filiname.service"

FILES_${PN} += "/lib/"

SYSTEMD_SERVICE_${PN} = "filename.service"

do_install_append() {
    install -d ${D}${systemd_unitdir}/system
    install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/filename.service ${D}${systemd_unitdir}/system
}

I tried to add SYSTEMD_PACKAGE = ${PN}-systemd
no luck
I tried to add SYSTEMD_AUTO_ENABLE = "enable"
will not help neither.
Do somebody have an advice to help me debug this ?
Thank you
Kris