I tried the build myself, following the instructions to which you linked. There were a couple "gotchas" along the way (noted, with work-arounds, below [*]), but otherwise the build succeeded. Could you try it again, following the steps exactly, and if it fails again, please list out exactly everything you typed?

It's great seeing more projects and companies using Yocto, although I have to say VIA's use is a little different. I would be nice if they integrated with the project in a more "conventional" way.

[*]

1. lttng fails due to some race condition, it tries to run some kernel/script program before it has compiled it. If it fails for you, simply re-start the build a second time and it should succeed.

2. gtkperf fails to build. Fortunately the gtkperf version in meta-openembedded's master is the same as the one from VIA's BSP. Delete the one from the BSP (rm -fr sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-demos/recipes-graphics/gtkperf) and replace it with the one from today's master branch of meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-graphics/gtkperf