On 2015-05-12 10:20 AM, Brian Hutchinson wrote:
On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 3:06 PM, Bruce Ashfield
On 2015-05-11 02:10 PM, Brian Hutchinson wrote:

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Bruce Ashfield
<bruce.ashfi...@windriver.com> wrote:

It is plausible. But in theory, linux-dummy should still provide
what you need (but since it doesn't build anything, there is
no abi .. and no modules can be built against it) .. so the
error isn't graceful.

Bruce

I can confirm this same problem is happening to me.  I just updated
one of my builds from 1.7 to 1.8 and am also getting my rootfs to fail
due to no abi kernel version:

We still have a race condition in the 1.8 branch for the population
of the build-artifacts directory.

If modules start building, they'll race against the population of the
abiversion, and you may see that message.

There's a proposed patch for master, but I don't think it is in
fido yet.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I did some searches and looks like there are a number of 'race'
condition fixes but it wasn't obvious which one I may need.  Is it
this one:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=02d0a003d603266114512160b209876199241e98

That's the one that should make sure that the shared workdir
(Which has the abiversion) is in place before building any modules.

I can't say that it is exactly your issue, but it is the change
I was thinking of.

Bruce

Regards,

Brian