Hello,
I have purchased a TI UEVM5432 board. I have also successfully setup the
development environment as described on the online documentation from the TI
web site
(http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/OMAP5_GLSDK_Software_Developers_Guide).
 My developement environment is the recommended Ubuntu distribution.

I have also successfully build the Yocto filesystem (as per the instructions in
the link above) and successfully booted the generated image in the evaluation
board.

Where I need help is on how to port an application to the Yocto filesystem.  In
particular, I need to build an X Window client.

The instructions in the link above don't explain well how to prepare/configure
my environment so I can compile my application.

If it were a typical development environment, I would configure my Makefiles
and just compile. The method used with this development environment (bitbake)
is not that clear to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rafael Herrera